Well, I'm back to blogging!
I love the movie Hairspray and one of my favorite songs is Queen Latifah singing, "I know Where I've Been". So often we consider some part of our past "wasted years" and long to forget it or wish that we made better choices. I disagree and I believe that it is so important to remember "where we've been"; that is, our experiences, choices, and emotions. Books by John and Stasi Elderidge speak of wounds - experiences that have hurt us deeply and have shaped us into who we are today. I agree with this in some sense because many of us walk around with extra luggage. Often, we choose to carry bitterness, sadness, hostility, and anger around on our backs instead of choosing forgivenes and healing. I want to be a person who feels deeply, both joy and love as well as pain. I have been hurt in my life, but I have also experienced healing from the "wounds" that I had in the past. While I don't carry around that extra luggage anymore, I still want to remember what I've been through and how God worked in the midst of it and how his goodness prevailed. When Jesus appeared to the disciples after he had risen from the dead he instructed Thomas to see and feel the scars in his hands, feet, and side because they testified his identity. Jesus did not resent those who betrayed him, hurt him, beat him and hung him on the cross because he allowed his wounds to heal with the decision to forgive and not become bitter. They remind us of the pain Jesus went through, but also of God's great plan of drawing us near to him. In the same way my scars tell my story and God's plan for my life which never has any wasted years.
Lululemon inspires me to be healthy, both physically, emotionally, and mentally (although not financially!) and their manifesto says, " The conscious brain can only hold one thought at a time. Choose a positive thought. " I've made my choice. What do you think?
I love the movie Hairspray and one of my favorite songs is Queen Latifah singing, "I know Where I've Been". So often we consider some part of our past "wasted years" and long to forget it or wish that we made better choices. I disagree and I believe that it is so important to remember "where we've been"; that is, our experiences, choices, and emotions. Books by John and Stasi Elderidge speak of wounds - experiences that have hurt us deeply and have shaped us into who we are today. I agree with this in some sense because many of us walk around with extra luggage. Often, we choose to carry bitterness, sadness, hostility, and anger around on our backs instead of choosing forgivenes and healing. I want to be a person who feels deeply, both joy and love as well as pain. I have been hurt in my life, but I have also experienced healing from the "wounds" that I had in the past. While I don't carry around that extra luggage anymore, I still want to remember what I've been through and how God worked in the midst of it and how his goodness prevailed. When Jesus appeared to the disciples after he had risen from the dead he instructed Thomas to see and feel the scars in his hands, feet, and side because they testified his identity. Jesus did not resent those who betrayed him, hurt him, beat him and hung him on the cross because he allowed his wounds to heal with the decision to forgive and not become bitter. They remind us of the pain Jesus went through, but also of God's great plan of drawing us near to him. In the same way my scars tell my story and God's plan for my life which never has any wasted years.
Lululemon inspires me to be healthy, both physically, emotionally, and mentally (although not financially!) and their manifesto says, " The conscious brain can only hold one thought at a time. Choose a positive thought. " I've made my choice. What do you think?

No comments:
Post a Comment